Thursday, January 31, 2013

A Focus on LOVE

With Valentine's Day just around the corner, LOVE is on my mind.  Almost every song on the radio has the four letter word in it.  All of the stores are decked out with red and pink and some of my favorite candies.  We have made the list of names for our children to give Valentine's to and if they have outgrown that, it probably means they have their own special Valentine that they want to make feel special (OH BOY!!!). I'm glad I'm still making the list for the valentine cards.  But, how is it that we show love to others?  And even more challenging, how do we show love to others who make it hard to do so, push us to our limits, intentionally hurt us, gossip about us, etc.?  I know, the first sentence of this blog looked mushy and now that you've read toward the end of the paragraph you're thinking, "darn, this is not the post I was hoping for."  But, just hang with me. 

I would really like to share what's been on my heart and deep in my soul for a while now.  If you want to stay and read, I think there's something to benefit from what I'm going to share below.  I know that I certainly have been learning through trials and tests in my own life as I've asked the same questions above. What better time to share thoughts on LOVE than right now as we are diving into the LOVE MONTH!  Doesn't that sound bee-YOU-tiful:) It can be if we are loving the way we should. 

So, to start February off right, I have listed a LOVE scripture for everyday of the month in February.  This is to help ME personally  keep things in perspective.  Now when I'm not necessarily "feeling the love," it can be an encouragement to reach out and extend love to someone else.  It's a challenge to myself.  These scriptures below are just daily reminders of God's word and an encouragement to me during this LOVE challenge.  If anyone cares to join me in this, go right ahead.  I'd love it. I'm sure there are some people out there that could use a hug, a compliment, simple act of kindness, etc.  If you have any ideas of how to share the love feel free to comment below.  Maybe you already do this in simple ways and can give some feedback. Or, maybe you are naturally a "LOVE BUG".  Some people are so blessed to be able to have the LOVE drip off of them.  I want to be more like that, showing more love in all areas of my life. 

Following the list of  daily scriptures for the month, I will also include a list of random acts of Love-ness that can be done to brighten someones day to share the LOVE this month.

I really have no clue if anyone is reading my blog..there is a slight possibility that I'm typing this to myself and I realize that. However,  I committed to doing this, so I will continue doing it.  If you are reading and are enjoying, let me know-:)

February 1
Romans 13:8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.

February 2
Galatians 5:13 For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

February 3
John 15:13"Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends."

February 4
1 Peter 1:22  Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart,

February 5
1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

February 6
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

February 7
Proverbs 17:17  A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.


February 8
Leviticus 19:18....but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the lord."


February 9
Deuteronomy 6:5 You shall LOVE the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.

February 10
1 Peter 1:22  Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart,

February 11
1 Corinthians 13:4-8  Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things, 8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.

February 12
Proverbs 10:12 Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins.

February 13
Micah 6:8 He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?

February 14
2 Peter 1:7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love.

February 15
1 John 3:16 By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

February 16
"But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you."

February 17
1 Timothy 1:5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith

February 18
Hebrews 13:1-2 Let brotherly love continue. 2 Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels.

February 19
Romans 5:5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

February 20
1 John 4:21 And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.

February 21
Galations 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

February 22
John 14:11 "As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.

February 23
John 14:12"This is My commandment that you love one another another as I have loved you."

February 24
Psalms 33:23-24 Oh, love the Lord, all you His saints! For the Lord preserves the faithful, And fully repays the proud person 24. Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart, All you who hope in the Lord.

February 25
2 Corinthians 5:13-14 For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died; 15and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again.

February 26
1 John 4:18-19 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. 19 We love Him because He first loved us.

February 27
Song of Solomon 2:3 ....His banner over me was love.

February 28
Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy-meditate on these things.

Random Acts of LOVE-ness:
  • Hug someone who looks down
  • Make something and surprise someone with it this month if you are good at making things, for example: cards, a scarf, knitting, sewing,baby blanket, (okay I'm out of ideas)
  • If you are in line buying yourself a cup of coffee and someone in line behind you has the same thing, surprise them and pay for their coffee as well ( I know this can get pricey if you are a Starbucks junkie..lol)
  • Pick a kid that you know never gets anything on Valentine's Day at school and send them something that day.  They'll never forget it. (If your local school allows this)
  • Bake something for someone
  • Make a random call of encouragement to someone
  • Give a compliment to someone who helps you at a local business, they work hard.
  • ...........leave some comments with more ideas to spread the love, I didn't want to copy, I wanted them to be from my heart, so there was no way I was coming up with 28 ideas....I'm new at this-:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

August in Review

August has been a very busy month and we are not quite done yet. Micah turned 5 months on August 16, and is doing so much: sitting on his own, playing every morning and afternoon in his activity saucer for 15 minutes at a time, pushing up on his forearms and getting on his knees when he is on his belly. He has also already cut his two front bottom teeth and appears to be working on cutting a top tooth. I'm thinking we are going to have a crawler very soon. He is growing so quickly and we are totally captivated by his every move.
Alana is getting ready to begin 2nd grade. I just can't believe that my child is going into 2nd grade. Where has all of the time gone? She is full of energy, love and zeal for life. Her typical days in the month of August have consisted of play dates, swimming, riding her bike, Bible School (she attended 5 this summer), traveling and hanging out with the family. I have promised her that we WILL go to the beach before summer ends, so I have two weeks left to make that promise come true.
Jim hashad a busy month so far and we are praising God for his new position/transfer closer to home. He will begin at his new location on the September 1, and we are so happy that he will be closer to home now. We are going to really enjoy meeting him for lunch and getting to kiss and hug him goodbye in the mornings now that he will not be leavign quite so early. God is AWESOME!!!! He always works things out for the good for those who love him (just a little paraphrasing..lol)
I have also had a busy month so far. One of the memorable things I've done this month besides playing the role of mom and giving vocal and piano lessons was being a part of the Royal Tea hosted by the 1st P.H. Church. It was a great experience and the guests speaker, Connie Hale, really spoke a message that penetrated deeply. Her word somewhat revived my heart and reminded me of the quality of life I have as a "Daughter of the King." I have willfully let go every unkind, critical and negative word ever spoken over me. I have determined that I WILL NOT listen to, entertain or accept any opinion of me given by others that is contrary to the words and thoughts of GOD. I am living a more productive and satisfying life because of it.
Below are a few pictures to document this month. I will obviously be adding more pics as the month comes to an end. In the future I will only update this section on a monthly basis.

Micah in His Activity Saucer 5 months

Micah in His Activity Saucer 5 months
Favorite morning Actvity.

Micah Sitting 19 Weeks

Micah Sitting 19 Weeks
Showing Off for Mommy!

Splash Pad

Splash Pad
Alana loves the splash pad in Marianna, one of her favorite summer activties. She plays and the entire family watches her..lol.

Alana's Fort

Alana's Fort
Mommy was lucky enough to hang out in her fort.

A Royal Tea

A Royal Tea
Ministering at the 1st PH Ladies Tea


Daddy's "Moment of Summer"

Daddy's "Moment of Summer"
Babptizing his little girl with Grandpa Goodman and Pap Carlson

Hometown Nazareth Bible School

Hometown Nazareth Bible School
1 of 5 Bible Schools Alana attended

Micah's 1st VBS, WORN OUT!

Going all out for the kids=totally worth it.

About Me

My photo
Tallahassee, FL, United States
I am 31 years old and married to the love of my life, Jim Carlson and mother to seven year old,Alana Grace, and 5 month old, Micah James. I am currently a stay at home mother, homeschool teacher and piano and vocal instructor.

Followers