Monday, March 18, 2013

Easter Egg Fun

I recently needed a quick and fun project, that would keep some girls busy.  Alana mentioned decorating Easter Eggs.  At first, I wasn't thrilled over the idea, but with some organization and thinking it through, it actually turned out to be one of my favorite activies that I've done lately and I am planning on doing it again in the next couple of weeks with a few others kids on a larger scale. 

I thought I'd share how I pulled this off very quickly and successfully, without destroying the kitchen and having a huge mess on my hands, since it really can be messy and a big job when you are dealing with more than one child. 

Supply List:
Easter Egg Color Packets
Stickers
Eggs
Plastic Table Cloth
Paper Towels
Whisk (1 or 2 per child)

What I did:
1. Boil an even amount of eggs for each child.  I boiled each child 6 eggs to decorate.
2. Spread plastic table cloth over table so that you and the children can relax and not worry about spills.
2. Give each child their own sticker sheet. (I purchased 1 barnyard animals sticker pad at the Dollar store for $1 at the last minute, it included chicks, rabbits, ducks, etc.) Next time I will get something with an Easter Theme.
3. One or Two boxes of Easter Egg Color Kit (I used one box) $1 at Dollar Store. It goes smoother if they aren't having to wait too long to dip their eggs in coloring.
4. Use the egg cartons to hold the eggs once they have been colored.  I cut the cartons for each child, so it was as if each child had their own little station that included a sticker sheet, whisk, and an egg carton that would hold 6 eggs, which kept them from bumping into eachother.
5.  A whisk is a great way to hold an egg while dipping.  I had quite a few of them, but a spoon will do the trick as well.  (got the whisk idea off of Pinterest)

What to do with those too young to color Easter Eggs?  Give them some paper and let them color an Easter picture, or put stickers on paper.  I chose to let Micah and Johanna decorate paper with stickers.  It kept them occupied and they felt like they were part of the fun! Ever since that day, Micah asks for "tickers" 'aka' "stickers."

I learned that from this activity that you don't have to wait until the week of Easter to enjoy decorating Easter Eggs.  The kids had a great time, and Alana has already asked when we are going to do this again with her other friends.  Next time we will add a hunt to the project:)








No comments:

Post a Comment

August in Review

August has been a very busy month and we are not quite done yet. Micah turned 5 months on August 16, and is doing so much: sitting on his own, playing every morning and afternoon in his activity saucer for 15 minutes at a time, pushing up on his forearms and getting on his knees when he is on his belly. He has also already cut his two front bottom teeth and appears to be working on cutting a top tooth. I'm thinking we are going to have a crawler very soon. He is growing so quickly and we are totally captivated by his every move.
Alana is getting ready to begin 2nd grade. I just can't believe that my child is going into 2nd grade. Where has all of the time gone? She is full of energy, love and zeal for life. Her typical days in the month of August have consisted of play dates, swimming, riding her bike, Bible School (she attended 5 this summer), traveling and hanging out with the family. I have promised her that we WILL go to the beach before summer ends, so I have two weeks left to make that promise come true.
Jim hashad a busy month so far and we are praising God for his new position/transfer closer to home. He will begin at his new location on the September 1, and we are so happy that he will be closer to home now. We are going to really enjoy meeting him for lunch and getting to kiss and hug him goodbye in the mornings now that he will not be leavign quite so early. God is AWESOME!!!! He always works things out for the good for those who love him (just a little paraphrasing..lol)
I have also had a busy month so far. One of the memorable things I've done this month besides playing the role of mom and giving vocal and piano lessons was being a part of the Royal Tea hosted by the 1st P.H. Church. It was a great experience and the guests speaker, Connie Hale, really spoke a message that penetrated deeply. Her word somewhat revived my heart and reminded me of the quality of life I have as a "Daughter of the King." I have willfully let go every unkind, critical and negative word ever spoken over me. I have determined that I WILL NOT listen to, entertain or accept any opinion of me given by others that is contrary to the words and thoughts of GOD. I am living a more productive and satisfying life because of it.
Below are a few pictures to document this month. I will obviously be adding more pics as the month comes to an end. In the future I will only update this section on a monthly basis.

Micah in His Activity Saucer 5 months

Micah in His Activity Saucer 5 months
Favorite morning Actvity.

Micah Sitting 19 Weeks

Micah Sitting 19 Weeks
Showing Off for Mommy!

Splash Pad

Splash Pad
Alana loves the splash pad in Marianna, one of her favorite summer activties. She plays and the entire family watches her..lol.

Alana's Fort

Alana's Fort
Mommy was lucky enough to hang out in her fort.

A Royal Tea

A Royal Tea
Ministering at the 1st PH Ladies Tea


Daddy's "Moment of Summer"

Daddy's "Moment of Summer"
Babptizing his little girl with Grandpa Goodman and Pap Carlson

Hometown Nazareth Bible School

Hometown Nazareth Bible School
1 of 5 Bible Schools Alana attended

Micah's 1st VBS, WORN OUT!

Going all out for the kids=totally worth it.

About Me

My photo
Tallahassee, FL, United States
I am 31 years old and married to the love of my life, Jim Carlson and mother to seven year old,Alana Grace, and 5 month old, Micah James. I am currently a stay at home mother, homeschool teacher and piano and vocal instructor.

Followers